Monday, July 21, 2025

Summary Post

First things, first. I think believing or thinking 'non-dualism' is a real deal is a choice. Its not the Truth / dogma. So are the other choices - Materialism, Idealism or Dualism.

But I think its the truth, therefore its the one I prefer. I am inclined to believe in 'non-dualism' because the other choices fall short of explaining reality. Non-dualism explains It without explaining it. Its not for everyone, but its for me, for now.

(Review Cope).

In fact, I think my path to non-dualism was this. Different crutches helped me at different points in life.

Dualism - > Materialism -> Idealism -> Non-Dualism.

(Review Isms).

Non-Dualism basically says - there is ONE thing, not many things. The ONE thing is actually a verb, not a noun. Nouns emerge because of the game the Thing is playing - of hide & seek. It hides as you and me to experience the world in a unique way. As Alan Watts said: "Every one of us is an aperture through which the whole cosmos looks out." As Advaita says: There is only "seeing". The "seer" and "seen" are illusory.

If you are the whole f'ing thing, how should you approach life ? With shame/anxiety/self-doubt/superiority ? No, you dance & play with whatever life presents to you. As Alan Watts said: "This is the real secret of life - to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize that it is play."

(Review Death & Life).

As non-dualism seeps into your mind & understanding, you become empathetic. You authentically live your life & let others live theirs.

(Review Non-Dualism as a religion).



No comments:

Post a Comment

What Is Really Real?

There are three basic facts about human life that I find hard to ignore. The first is that we can know the world, though never completely. T...